The Steinway grand piano was acquired with the help of the Castine community in March 2002. The piano was restored by Kim Muller, piano restorer. According to Steinway & Sons, the serial number of the piano is 219447. It is a grand model A 111 6’4 1/2″ mahogany finish made in New York on October 4, 1923 and shipped to a private customer on Park Avenue in New York City. The piano was in the Steinway & Sons repair department in 1950.
The Moller Organ, Opus 11400, Model 70-5, was built by the M. P. Moller Organ Company of Hagerstown, Maryland in 1979 and dedicated in 1980.
The Stop List follows:
2′ super octave
4′ Spitz principal
1 1/3 Larigot
2′ Super Octave
Concave radiating pedal clavier
The harpsichord in the Meeting House was built by a member of the congregation, the late Dr. Nelson Fontneau in 1982. It was donated by his widow Barbara during organist Mary Sochacki’s tenure (1991-2004). It was restored by Rod Rieger of Freeport, Maine.
It has 2 manuals, 2 sets of 8 foot strings, and 1 set of 4 foot strings, a coupler, a buff or lute lever along with levers to allow the 4 foot strings to sound.